I took a cognitive style inventory at www.humanmetrics.com and a learning style inventory at www.learning-styles.online.com. Both tests provided similar results that I found to be accurate.
The result of my Meyers-Brigg test provided me with the type of INFJ which stands for Introvert, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging. The INFJ is someone who prefers to work alone, as opposed to participating in group projects. INFJs do not use solid facts to make decisions, but rather on perception of the possibilities and feelings. This personality type is highly perceptive and able to gauge the intentions of others. The INFJ likes their life organized and planned out, and is not often prone to spontaneity.
The description of the INFJ characterizes me very well. I like order and routine, need solitude on a daily basis to recharge myself, find myself extremely empathetic, and able to perceive others’ feelings even at a glance.
My methods of learning from the most effective to least effective are as follows: Solitary, Aural and Verbal (tie), Physical, Visual, Social and Logical (tie). Aural and Verbal learners benefit from hearing the material, reading aloud, or even making jingles to remember the material.
The Learning styles test is an accurate description of my preferred learning methods. I greatly benefit from hearing the material from a teacher or audio recording as opposed to reading directly from a textbook. I enjoy working on my own as opposed to in a group setting.
This was a fun exercise to learn more about myself and my preferred methods of learning. Both tests were straight-forward and presented me with factual results.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment